Updated: Jan 31, 2021
Obesity is a medical condition that occurs when a person carries excess weight or body fat that might affect their health. Adults 35 years of age and older with a BMI greater than 30 are obese. Obesity is different from being over-weight. While Obesity means having too much body fat; Overweight means weighing too much. The weight may come from muscle, bone, fat, and/or body water.
For most adults, a BMI of
• 18.5 to 24.9 means you’re a healthy weight.
• 25 to 29.9 means you’re overweight.
• 30 to 39.9 means you’re obese.
• 40 or above means you’re severely obese.
Causes of obesity:
• Unhealthy diet: Eating too much sugary foods and drinks, eating fast food, drinking too much alcohol.
• Lack of physical activity.
• Genetics also play some role in causing obesity.
• Diseases such as Hypothyroidism, Cushing’s syndrome, PCOD also cause obesity.
Complications of obesity:
Obesity increases the risk of developing serious health problems like Diabetes, High blood pressure (Hypertension), Gall stones, Osteoarthritis, Sleep apnea, Gall stone, Coronary heart disease.
Homoeopathic medicines for Weight loss:
Some mother tinctures such as Garcinia cambogia, Fucus, Phytolacca along with constitutional medicines such as Calcarea carbonica, Graphites, Lycopodium are very effective for controlling obesity.